UC Merced has added Visalia Unified School District (VUSD) to its list of partners signed to the Merced Automatic Admission Program (MAAP).
The ninth partnership will allow hundreds of VUSD students to be automatically accepted to UC Merced if they meet the university’s eligibility requirements.
The program allows students who complete the A-G courses for first-year UC admission with a weighted GPA of 3.5, with no grade lower than a "C," to be admitted to the university through a streamlined process.
Students can select any major of their choice when applying to UC Merced.
Other MAAP partners include:
- Merced Union High School District
- Dinuba Unified School District
- Cutler-Orosi Joint Unified School District
- Chowchilla Unified School District
- Los Banos Unified School District
- Modesto City Schools
- Le Grand Union High School District
- Golden Plains School District (Tranquillity High School)
Students are asked to submit their applications to the program by Aug. 31, after they complete their junior year of high school. They will be notified to submit their UC applications by Nov. 30. Participants will be prioritized in the application review process and notified of their admissions in early March.
To learn more about MAAP, visit the program's website.